COURSE DATES:September 29-30, 2012
2 Full Days of Didactic and
SPACE IS LIMITEDLimit 6 people per course
COURSE LOCATION:Swiss Dental Design
1291 E Hillsdale Blvd Suite 142
Foster City, CA 94404 USA
COURSE FEE: $99516 CDT Credits
CERAMIC CROWNS IN THE ESTHETIC ZONE
LIVE PATIENT DEMONSTRATION
The present state of the art of implant dentistry coupled with the increasing esthetic expectations of patients continually challenges the surgeon, restorative dentist, and laboratory technician treatment team. Integration of the dental implant with the bone is NOT the sole criterion of a successful restoration. Patients demand that their implant-supported porcelain crown precisely duplicates the color, contour, texture, and vitality of natural dentition.
During this two day didactic and hands-on course, Mr. Capoferri will demonstrate his ceramic layering technique, ensuring both predictable and optimal results for natural tooth and implant-supported crowns.
This course is specifically designed for the experienced ceramist who strives to improve their skills in the fabrication of the natural tooth metal-ceramic crown and implant-supported, full ceramic restoration. The ideas presented by Mr. Capoferri can be applied to all dental implant systems.
Upon the completion of this course, each participant will understand the basics of hue, value, chroma, translucency, and transparency. The importance of contour, and surface texture will be presented.
- The importance of the dental technician in collaborative treatment planning
- The Straumann ITI implant: Tissue or bone-level?
- The PLAN™ set for choosing prosthetic components
- Diagnostic requirements
- The implant-supported restoration: Impressions, provisionalization, laboratory procedures, fabrication of soft tissue casts, and delivery
- The diagnostic wax-up and control matrix
- Modification of the working cast to develop proper emergence profile
- The power of provisional restorations to enhance and modify gingival esthetics
- Profitability and optimal patient care
- Complications and how to avoid them
- Experience with the patient (communication & shade)
In the hands-on portion of the course, Mr. Capoferri will demonstrate his layering technique for a natural tooth central incisor metal-ceramic crown and a lateral implant-supported full ceramic crown. Each participant will receive a cast for the central incisor crown and a Straumann bone-level, milled Zirconia abutment for the lateral incisor crown.
All participants must complete the metal framework before the course. The Zirconia abutment for the lateral implant crown will be provided by Swiss Dental Design. CreationTM porcelain and ceramic ovens will be available, however, the participants should bring their own brushes and other instruments.